Goizper Case Study
Goizper is a world-leading supplier of brake clutch combinations for heavy duty manufacturing equipment, including stamping presses, metalworking and can bodymakers. Goizper’s customers were building faster and heavier equipment, conventional friction materials were not able to keep up with the increased performance requirements.
After extensive R&D and testing, Thermofiber 1600, an Optimum TM -certified high kevlar material, was selected for use in the most rigorous applications. Goizperclutch-brakes and flywheel assemblies are now standard OEM on all Standun B6, B7 and Ragsdale bodymakers. Goizper clutch-brakes are the preferred retrofit solution on Standun B2, B3 and B5 rebuilds.
TF1600 delivers high torque and smooth engagement, enabling stamping equipment to operate with a 15% higher throughput. In addition, customers report:
- 20% Higher Clutch and Brake torque vs. competitors
- Faster brake reaction time
- Faster stop time — 15% faster than competing brands
- Optimized lining design — up to 25% longer service life
- Less damage during can tear-off
- Less tooling breakage
- Lower cost: Up to 30% less cost for complete units